FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What safety precautions are you taking?
We are following all local regulations for our shows. Please reach out if you have any specific questions or concerns.
What the hell is Don't Tell Comedy? Why all the secrets?
We hold stand-up comedy shows in over 90 cities across America with a secret line-up of performers at a secret location. We do this to keep the focus on providing our audiences with top-notch talent while preserving the magic of a truly unique and affordable experience.
What is Don’t Tell Comedy’s Mission Statement?
Good question! Here it is:
To become the most trusted brand in stand up comedy by both audiences and performers. To make stand up comedy more accessible, exciting, and affordable! To build community!
I purchased tickets, when will I receive the secret location?
The secret address will be emailed to you at 12 noon on the day of the show! If for some reason you need to know the address ahead of time, Contact us.
What is Don't Tell Comedy?
Don't Tell Comedy is a grassroots organization that brings together comedians, hosts, and guests, for mysterious nights full of laughter, friendship and good vibes.
Do the comedians get paid?
Comedians are often undervalued and underappreciated. Don't Tell Comedy was started by, and in most cities is run by, comedians so it is extremely important to us that every single comedian is paid for performing on our shows.
CAN I BRING PETS?
While we love them, pets are not permitted at our shows (with the exception of registered service companions).
*In rare cases, these and/or other event policies may be subject to change to align with the needs of a particular venue or event circumstance. Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.
How did Don't Tell Comedy Start?
Kyle KA, the creator of DTC, grew sick and tired of paying for a 2 drink minimum at comedy clubs. Kyle had so much fun at one of his friends backyard comedy shows that he started Don't Tell Comedy with the hopes of bringing top talent into fun, community settings where comedy lovers can laugh and hang out on a budget.
What happens at a Don't Tell Comedy show?
- On the day-of the show, ticket holders receive an email confirming the show location and revealing the exact address by 12pm.
- Guests should take care to review the email and plan to arrive, park and otherwise pay follow the specific instructions included in the 12pm email.
- Upon arrival, guests are greeted by one of our positive and personable hosts and/or volunteers and will be asked to provide a name for the ticket and/or proof of purchase.
- The shows are 70-90 minutes in length. You'll be able to see between 4-6 different comedians on each lineup!
- Guests are encouraged to take photos throughout the night to social media (Tag us @donttellcomedy on all platforms)!
- We do, however, ask that guests refrain from taking and posting videos of comics during the show for their privacy.
- After the show ends, please be sure to dispose of your trash and get home safely!
where can I find a list of comics who performed at a show I attended?
After the show, our team will send you an email with the full lineup of comedians you saw at the show.